Server, The Yard House
Columbus, Ohio • March 2019 — Present
• Prepare room for dining by clothing tables and setting decorations, condiments, candles, napkins, service plates and utensils
• Protect establishment and patrons by adhering to sanitation, safety and alcohol beverage control policies
• Help patrons select food and beverages by presenting menu; offering cocktails; suggesting courses; explaining the chef's specialties; identifying appropriate wines; answering food preparation questions
• Stay updated on current menu choices, specialties and menu deviations, knowing if the kitchen staff is running out of any items, etc.
• Transmit orders to bar and kitchen by recording patrons' choices; identifying patrons' special dietary needs and special requests
• Keep kitchen staff informed by noting timing of meal progression
Server, Rookery Bar & Grill
Columbus, Ohio • January 2017 — March 2019
• Greeted all guests in a courteous and respectable way.
• Took verbal drink and meal orders according to guest preference.
• Served high quality food and checked all orders to ensure they are complete, prepared as ordered, portioned correctly and attractive in appearance.
• Monitored and oversees food temperatures during hot and cold handling to reduce the incidence of risk factors known to cause food borne illness.
• Maintained high level of cleanliness for stations and pantry.
• Performed side work during shift downtime including but not limited to rolling silverware, restocking condiment holders, cleaning work areas, etc.
Server, Streak's Gastropub
Columbus, Ohio • September 2014 — November 2016
• Welcomed and greeted guests to make them feel comfortable.
• Informed guests of specials and menu changes.
• Made recommendations you genuinely feel your guests will enjoy.
• Answered questions about our food, beverages and other restaurant functions and services.
• Took food and beverage orders from guests, enter orders in our point-of-sale system which relays orders to the kitchen and bar.
• Delivered food and beverages from kitchen and bar to guests in a timely matter.
• Performed side work at the start and end of each shift as required by service station assignment.
• Maintained clean service areas.