More Resume Templates
See our other high quality resume designs proven to win interviews.
IT Specialist Resume Writing Advice
Let's cover the most important sections of a IT Specialist resume.
How do you write a great IT Specialist resume?
IT Specialists implement and maintain information systems to provide software, networking, and hardware support to companies of various sizes. IT professionals
are often required to have skills in troubleshooting technical problems, providing customer support, and help their company's online communication.
Employers browsing a set of IT Specialist resumes often look for either strong IT work experience or certifications that prove technical skills.
What is a great IT Specialist resume summary example?
The resume summary or objective is the section that draws the most attention on your resume. It's where you need to prove in the fewest words possible that you're qualified to do the job, and you're up for the new challenge. It's important to tailor your resume summary to the job. Here's an example:
Lead IT Professional with 5+ years of experience looking to apply technical skills in supporting secure technology infrastructure at a company with growing head count.
What work experiences should you include on your resume?
Here are some ideas on writing about your experiences and responsibilities as a IT Specialist on your resume depending on the level of experience you have.
Tip: Create a Strong Work Experience Section
It's important to include action verbs and quantify results. Use this list of over 350 resume action verbs as a guide to craft the most effective bullet points.
Junior level work experience for IT Specialist
• Responsible for imaging, deploying and staging computers for end-users on Windows 7 and Windows 10
• Maintained and managed Windows networking (TCP/IP, wireless configurations, DNS, etc.) for company technology assets
• Installed additional hard drives, memory, and software in employee desktops and notebooks.
• Setup wi-fi and provide technical support at company sponsored events
Mid level work experience for IT Specialist
• Maintained and administered Information Technology systems for a 500 person company.
• Provided on-site support to ensure continuity of computer system for all system users
• Installed software and hardware products to keep all users up to date with secure applications.
• Repair hardware, e.g. desk phones, desktop computers, laptops, and printers, as necessary
• Configure user security accounts and new system builds.
• Troubleshoot and perform virus prevention, detection and removal.
Senior level work experience for IT Specialist
• Currently manage IT systems consisting of Mac/Windows hybrid environments across multiple departments with 1000+ employees.
• Involved in technology infrastructure changes that most benefits the end-users.
• Manage, upgrade and troubleshooting office networks, A/V systems, Google Apps, Self Service to enable the company's team to operate software and hardware smoothly.
• Track record of learning new tools and systems, gaining enough depth to assist users and manage permissions.
IT Specialist Certifications section
This section is a great place to call out accomplishments and achievements in Certifications on a IT Specialist resume as shown in the examples below.
Project Management Professional Certification (PMP)
CompTIA Security + Certification
Certified Information Security Manager (CISM)
Certified in Risk and Information Systems Control (CRISC)
This resume section is a good opportunity to highlight specific skills relevant for a IT Specialist job. Be sure to review the job requirements and adjust your skills accordingly. Take a look at the example IT Specialist below.
Related Skills for a IT Specialist
Other Resume Examples
Browse the rest of our large collection of resume examples
to kickstart your resume.